Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 60,515,073
  • Today: 4,220
Server InfoServer Info
  • Jun 29, 2017
  • 05:42 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in my bank a few weeks ago, here in Southern Illinois. There was a woman talking to a customer service rep sitting in front of his desk, apparently about her checking account. He apparently needed to see ID. I'm waiting in line to get to the teller window to make a deposit and I hear the hear the customer service rep say "Is that loaded?" Apparently that was said when she reached in her purse for ID. She left after finishing her business and drove off as I was leaving.

Things are fairly gun friendly here in Southern Illinois, over 300 miles from Chicago.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
panzermk2
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"No I keep it unloaded so when I throw it a BG it won't negligent discharge" LOL

www.fivesevenforum.com

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." -- Gen. George S. Patton

[CENTER][img]http://i39.p
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

panzermk2 wrote:
"No I keep it unloaded so when I throw it a BG it won't negligent discharge" LOL

I couldn't hear what the woman replied to the customer service rep. He didn't panic and run out of the bank yelling "She's got a gun!" anyway.

There have been 2 bank robberies here in the last few weeks, one at a bank in Murphysboro and one about 7 miles away at a credit union in Carbondale. Neither place was posted and still aren't. At the credit union they said the robber didn't show or say he had a gun. The police chief in Carbondale has been doing concealed carry instruction classes as a side business. I haven't seen any CPZ signs go up in Murphysboro other than the court house and only a few in Carbondale.

Remember the 1991 Luby Cafeteria Massacre of the Unarmed (Killeen, Texas before Texas Concealed Carry) Do we need 23 people to die in a similar incident before we
panzermk2
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah up all of the officers on the McHenry County Sheriff's SWAT team some how got the county to pay for all their training certifications to teach the CCW classes with the intent to teach them as a side business.

So they ripped of the tax payers, making them thieves so they could work a side job.

Most of them are tactifag mall ninjas with more crap hanging off their ARs then the Midway catalog carries.

They are also very proud of their APC and relish the chance to help tax payers by running over them with it or ramming their houses.

www.fivesevenforum.com

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." -- Gen. George S. Patton

[CENTER][img]http://i39.p
junglebob
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope the Carbondale police chief paid for his own training.

I took a NRA Personal Protection in the Home course a few years go and one of the instructors, a former state trooper, mentioned that some LEOs are poor shots and only go to the range before their annual qualification, and some don't pass on the first try. They gave us a couple bonus sessions with things not in the ppih course, one session included doing the LEO qualification test. The instructors said they didn't think any of us would have trouble passing on the first try. Everyone did except one guy. The one instructor tried his gun and told him the sights were off and how. He tried a second time and qualified. A lot of us were saying "There are cops that can't pass this on this first try?"

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic