Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,574,175
  • Today: 4,566
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 18, 2017
  • 08:00 am CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JTHunter
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Starting today, Crook County is imposing a $25 "tax" on every handgun purchase. By purchasing guns in Crook County, you are helping the County fund their antigun agenda and cutting your own throats in the process.

So, drive a little and get them outside of Crook County!

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

they just made every store $25 cheaper. I feel so sorry for any gunshop owner in crook county

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
themiller
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
they just made every store $25 cheaper. I feel so sorry for any gunshop owner in crook county

?

It's a tax passed directly on to the consumer.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/New-25-Gun-Tax-Begins-In-Cook-County-200856781.html
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if I can drive 10 milies to save $25 I will that is why i feel so sorry for those crook county gun shop owners

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
Trigger
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That may very well be the final straw that broke Cabela's back!

Cook County has been screwing with them since they opened and this new"tax" may just force their hand.

Hate to see them go but I certainly would not blame them.

What a reputation those 'elected officials' have.
SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
if I can drive 10 milies to save $25 I will that is why i feel so sorry for those crook county gun shop owners

Well .. You can already do that (and more) by leaving crook country because of their higher tax rate, gun shops are screwed...
6010rocks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SiliconSorcerer wrote:
6010rocks wrote:

Well .. You can already do that (and more) by leaving crook country because of their higher tax rate, gun shops are screwed...

im way ahead of you. I don't live in crook county. thank god for that. and the little gun shop I use has a little bit lower tax rate than the surrounding citys

SiliconSorcerer
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6010rocks wrote:
SiliconSorcerer wrote:
6010rocks wrote:

im way ahead of you. I don't live in crook county. thank god for that. and the little gun shop I use has a little bit lower tax rate than the surrounding citys

Honestly I haven't purchased a gun from a gunshop in at least 10 years and I buy quite a few guns a year. I've never found a shop that can even match a price of some of these large whole-sellers online. They are selling lower then any of the FFL's I know can even purchase the firearm. I pay $20 and shipping but typically not more that what tax would be anyhow. If it was even close I would rather patronize the gunshop but it's never even close.

I purchased 3 P290's (anyone that knows me I pretty much buy 3 of everything) right before the current crazy time and I'm not buying anything until things go back to normal. When it does I trying to decide between the Sig 716 or the Kel-tec RFB, might just have to buy both.
I'd like a P90 but a day out shooting is $1,000 until ammo becomes sane I'm just avoiding that round. I don't know if there is a suitable round that rifle could be converted to.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic