Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,958,117
  • Today: 1,519
Server InfoServer Info
  • Dec 17, 2017
  • 05:54 am CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SkunkHunter
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says that while he would be OK with a bill to establish so-called "constitutional carry," his caucus is probably leaning toward passage of a concealed carry bill that requires some form of permitting.

The Senate Judiciary Committee last week approved a bill that would allow Wisconsinites to carry a concealed weapon without any permit or training requirement. But Fitzgerald, R-Juneau, told "UpFront with Mike Gousha" that he doesn't think his caucus is entirely there on the bill.

"Like any piece of legislation, you have to get to a point where the votes are there," Fitzgerald said on Sunday's show, produced in conjunction with WisPolitics.com.

"If I had to guess, knowing my caucus as well as I do and the individual senators, I think we're headed toward some type of conceal carry that probably has some permitting process attributed to it," Fitzgerald said.

Here's a link to the show:
http://www.wisn.com/upfront
melensdad
Corporal
Corporal

Location: IN/ILL state line (IN side) at Will/Kankakee Counties & State Line

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GO WISCONSIN!!!

Come join the other 48 states allowing civilian self defense.

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been a long time coming. But we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think the initial push for No Permit-No Training bill was to shock some of the Anit-Carry [Wisconsin will turn into the wild west] Legislators and Constituents. I believe the final bill, which I expect will happen before the July Senate recounts, will include a permit and minimal training.

I would actually prefer a permit. It would nullify the assinine 1000 foot school zone and make it more likely for Wisconsinites to receive reciprocity from other states.

Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the handwriting is on the wall - the Governor and most legislative leaders have all said they favor permits. I don't actually have a problem with that as long as the permit requirements remain reasonable. We all talk about the difference between criminals and law-abiding citizens, but without permits I don't know how the police are supposed to tell which group we belong to. As long as WI becomes a shall-issue state, I personally consider this a major victory.
KB9AMM
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes but they want a database for LEO's to check into when making a traffic stop. Come on Walker, get with the program.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110603/GPG0101/110603102/Walker-Concealed-carry-bill-needs-permit-training-provisions?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|GPG-News
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic