Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 61,027,647
  • Today: 13,353
Server InfoServer Info
  • Jul 26, 2017
  • 09:27 pm CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fubarud

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isnt a fair fight. Too many dummies in Chicago ruining the state for everyone. The promise of a fried chicken lunch is enough to get hundreds of thousands of voters to hop on the Rainbow Push bus and vote for Democrats.

Its not right that a Governor can win a few slivers of land in a big state and still win?

There is no more clear cut case of a state that needs to split into 2. Pretty much everything north of DuPage county can be North Illinois. The rest can be South Illinois. I dont think its fair for southern taxpayers paying for food stamps and state aid for hoochie mama baby making machines, illegal aliens and a city that contributes a majority of the state prison population.

A South Illinois state would have a balanced budget and much more honesty in government. Not to mention constitutional carry.

If this vote fails, I think it's time to water the tree of liberty.
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

+1,000,000,000
vette02
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fubarud wrote:
There is no more clear cut case of a state that needs to split into 2. Pretty much everything north of DuPage county can be North Illinois. The rest can be South Illinois.

It's not even "north" vs. "south". It's Chicago vs the rest of the State. Chicago needs to be it's own city-state. It could destroy itself, and let the rest of the state florish. But instead, Chicago takes everything good and steals from the rest of the state.
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I understood it as Crook and the collar counties would be north and the rest would be south.
Ccspinner
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I live north ov Crook county and do not want to be a part of it.
Don't link us in with thtem just because we are close!
TylerH
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Todd V. I can't throw Otis McDonald under the bus just so that I can get CCW. One for all and all for one.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've already decided that I'm moving to Kentucky. Even before hb148 was on the horizon I made up my mind to move. This just cements my decision.

I honestly believe that Illinois is a lost cause and neighboring states would benefit greatly from a migration of gun rights supporting Illinoians (sp?) moving to their state.

Dont live your entire life fighting a lost cause and never being able to exercise your rights. You may take a temporary financial hit but the end result will be worth it.
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in Crook county, but not in Chitcago. My rep is Madigan. I'm planning to move to Grundy county to be closer to my job asap. I can't wait.
jknapp
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i've found that more and more people in the 217 area are opposing CCW. I've tried to educate them but they all say that theres no reason to carry and it just makes them nervous because the person next to them could be a raging killer. i try to explain that people that are going to use a gun for a weapon to attack someone or to commit a crime are going to carry anyways... no one wants to listen... I want to move to texas... lol
and pointers??? anyone here from the 217 decatur area???

"Gun control means using both hands."

"Me and my gun, we took an oath together, said i'd never die, as long as we're together."
MichaelChappell
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Piatt County
<b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Piatt County</b>

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jknapp wrote:
i've found that more and more people in the 217 area are opposing CCW. I've tried to educate them but they all say that theres no reason to carry and it just makes them nervous because the person next to them could be a raging killer. i try to explain that people that are going to use a gun for a weapon to attack someone or to commit a crime are going to carry anyways... no one wants to listen... I want to move to texas... lol

Your not alone. I live just east of Decatur in Hammond. I was in Circle K out by Mt. Zion on Friday. While waiting in line, two guys were talking about the fact that the bill didn't pass when a woman piped up and said that she was glad because if you give people the right to carry that there will be more crime. I loved the guy's response. He turns, looks right at the woman, and says, "I take offense to that miss." She says, "Offense to what?!" in a very snobish accusing tone. To which he replies, "You calling me a criminal. I want the right to carry to defend myself and my family in public. However, I am not a criminal and just because I would be carrying a loaded firearm, does not mean I would commit a crime. Do you own a knife, miss??" She replies, "Yes, why?" He says, "Well based on your logic, we should ban all knifes and get rid of them because if you give a person a knife they are going to stab someone else." The woman decided that she no longer needed anything from the gas station, set down hthe soda she was going to buy, and quickly left the store.

I love when gun-hating people get put in their place in a very calm and pleasent manner!! She couldn't argue with the logic he put forth like he could with her logic!! It was...PRICELESS!!!!!!

Gun Owner
Voter
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She probably promptly killed someone with her automobile too right? People can't be trusted to operate cars either.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MichaelChappell wrote:
jknapp wrote:

Your not alone. I live just east of Decatur in Hammond. I was in Circle K out by Mt. Zion on Friday. While waiting in line, two guys were talking about the fact that the bill didn't pass when a woman piped up and said that she was glad because if you give people the right to carry that there will be more crime. I loved the guy's response. He turns, looks right at the woman, and says, "I take offense to that miss." She says, "Offense to what?!" in a very snobish accusing tone. To which he replies, "You calling me a criminal. I want the right to carry to defend myself and my family in public. However, I am not a criminal and just because I would be carrying a loaded firearm, does not mean I would commit a crime. Do you own a knife, miss??" She replies, "Yes, why?" He says, "Well based on your logic, we should ban all knifes and get rid of them because if you give a person a knife they are going to stab someone else." The woman decided that she no longer needed anything from the gas station, set down hthe soda she was going to buy, and quickly left the store.

I love when gun-hating people get put in their place in a very calm and pleasent manner!! She couldn't argue with the logic he put forth like he could with her logic!! It was...PRICELESS!!!!!!

i'm going to have to remember that reply

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides
Xx_Jeffrey_xX
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its happening in AZ:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/liberals_in_az_seeking_to_form.html
paulkucz
Founders Club

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Splitting Illinois has already been attempted, and the new "state" immediately declared war, and then surrendered. Heard about this on "How the States got their Shapes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As soon as I heard about az I thought about il. I think it's a viable option. Look at how well the Dakotas are doing financially. I think South Illinois could be just as successful. Maybe things can get split up and Chicago can take it's fair share of the dept, like 90% of it and in time South Illinois can enjoy financial solvency while Chicago goes where it's heading.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic