Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,574,253
  • Today: 4,644
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 18, 2017
  • 08:04 am CST

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BudMan5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a link to where you cabn read the final version of House Bill 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act (concealed carry):

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700HB0148ham002&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=HB&LegID=54713&DocNum=0148&GAID=11&Session=

It is not perfect but it is better than CValifornia, New Jersey or Maryland and a whole lot better then what we have right now. After it passes, we will start working on making changes.

It will come up for the final House vote before next Friday (May 6). Right now, it has been pushed back to the 2nd Reading and returned to Committee to approve the final amendment. The final amendment mainly deals with restrictions on coillege campus and buildings.

Below I will post every email address of every single Representative. I urge you send emails, write letters or call the offices of your representative even if you know they already support the Bill. The reason for this is that the anti-concealed carry foilks have pulled out all the stops in order to stop this Bill. They have abandoned all of their other anti-gun legislation that was still pending.

Now is the time for all of us to put aside our differences and help get this done.

The last time I posted here, some of you decided to rip me rather than pay attention to the goal. No problem, I have thick skin but that helps the people i think of as anti-constitutional morons.

Pressure from the far left is intenstifying and we need all the help we can get to fight back to get this done. This coming week is the final chance of the entire year.

here's the email addresses of all Illinois House Representatives. You can copy this and send a note to every single one of them:

'bob@pritchardstaterep.com'; 'poe@ilga.gov'; 'sandrapihos42@gmail.com'; 'bphelps@yourclearwave.com'; 'hjo17@aol.com'; 'enekritz@repnekritz.org'; 'Repmorrison54@gmail.com'; 'moffitt@grics.net'; 'repmulligan@usa.net'; 'repjmitchell@comcast.net'; 'repmitchell@earthlink.net'; 'staterepmendoza@gmail.com'; 'deb@debmell.org'; 'jmcguire86@sbcglobal.net'; 'karen@repkarenmay.org'; 'patti76th@ivnet.com'; 'repmathias@hotmail.com'; 'statereplilly@yahoo.com'; 'davidleitch@ameritech.net'; 'langli@ilga.gov'; 'rkosel@ilga.gov'; 'naomi@naomijakobsson.com'; 'howardca@ilga.gov'; 'repehernandez@yahoo.com'; 'repjehangordon@gmail.com'; 'esthergolar@sbcglobal.net'; 'robyn@robyngabel.com'; 'jack@jackfranks.org'; 'lkf@ilga.gov'; 'flowersme@ilga.gov'; 'sara@staterepsara.com'; 'krfarnham@gmail.com'; 'jiltracy@jiltracy.com'; 'staterepramey55@aol.com'; 'dennisreboletti@sbcglobal.net'; 'repreitz@egyptian.net'; 'pamrothd75@gmail.com'; 'info@timschmitz.org'; 'sengerstaterep@gmail.com'; 'sommer@mtco.com'; 'repsosnowski@gmail.com'; 'ron@repstephens.com'; 'ILhouse51@sbcglobal.net'; 'Mike@miketryon.com'; 'johnd@ilga.gov'; 'davismd@ilga.gov'; 'repdeluca@sbcglobal.net'; 'kendunkin@msn.com'; 'jimd@ilga.gov'; 'chapa-laviali@ilga.gov'; 'collinsar@ilga.gov'; 'repcolvin@sbcglobal.net'; 'Repconnelly48@gmail.com'; 'repwillburns@att.net'; 'burkedj2@ilga.gov'; 'repjohnbradley@mychoice.net'; 'rep.bost@hotmail.com'; 'RepBiss@gmail.com'
VannDaddy
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This what I just sent:

Dear Illinois Legislature,
As a life long resident of Illinois, taxpayer, husband, father, and sole provider to my family, I urge you to support House Bill 148, the Family and Personal Protection Act. I will not go into statistics of gun ownership, as Mark Twain is noted to have said "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." I would like to say that the United States Supreme Court rulings have confirmed The Second Amendment as an individual right, like freedom of speech, due process, and a right to a trail with a jury of peers. I would like to finish by conveying my thought of carrying for the protection of my family and myself as a type of insurance policy, I have various types insurance to compensate me in case of damage or destruction of my property, but normal insurance can not replace or compensate for the injury or death of a loved one or bread winner. Please look past the empty lies of the machine politics and return to the law abiding people of Illinois the right that is given to the vast majority of the country, the right to protect one's person and family.
Thank you for your time and may God bless you,

Omer A. Baker, III
MikeBasche
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL
<b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Lake County, IL</b>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you very much. I will work on it this weekend and send it first thing monday morning.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
--Thomas Jefferson, Draft Virginia Co
TylerH
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed them all last week.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send them some form of e-mail every day.

Call them every day, too.

The secretary for my state rep (an anti) is pro carry and is very cordial and supportive.

Also, ask the secretaries for information like the number of calls and which way they are leaning.

That way if your rep votes no, but the numbers say yes, you have data to slap him/her around with later.
sirbidwell
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just shot off a ton of emails, gonna send a ton more tomorrow, and sunday, and monday, and tuesday...etc lol
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Done
Farfel
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A day or so late Budman but thanks for the addresses. Do they allow duplicate threads on forum "X"? Rolling Eyes Laughing

That's O.K. We are not so "anal" over here. Welcome. Very Happy
And keep us informed if you get any more addresses or find out who needs the encouragement the most.
MikeBasche
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I may have heard something that is bad news. Last night on my way home I was listening to 890AM. They have Mark Levin on. It was around 11pm. Well, you know how they have news breaks every now and then? During that news break they talked about legislation that was coming up for a vote. I can't exactly remember because I was tired and half paying attention. My ears perked up though when I heard them say John Cullerton believes this will pass, but not concealed carry.

I searched the web to see if I could find something, but no luck. I'll keep looking.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
MikeBasche
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Found it! They were talking to John Cullerton for about 15 minutes on Friday. They first talked to him about the budget then proceed to ask him about the CC bill and medical marijuana bill.

Here is the interview: http://www.wlsam.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=0&ID=2173825

Go to the 8:00 mark. Listen to what he says at the end of his response.
Does he have "inside baseball" info on this stuff or is he just blowing smoke?[/url]

Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I listened to the interview and I noticed a few things.

Cullerton says he is against it.
the he said "I THINK it requires 3/5 or a supermajority vote"

Then he said "He doubts something so dramatic would pass"

He also said they will not be voting on it in the senate!! What does that mean?

It doesn't sound like he is very familiar with the bill. There was a lot of question marks while he was being interviewed. I think this was mainly his opinion.

But if someone can clear up what no senate vote means I would appreciate it.
BudMan5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He says he doesn't believe it will pass in the House but if it does, the Senate will consider it.

Our objective is to make it pass the House by more than 71 votes and then we can start squeezing Senators.

We can do this, it is just a matter of raising enough hell that Reps will vote our way so they don't get thrown out of office next year.

They already have a 67% income tax, the abolishment of the death penalty, gay marriage and a bankrupt State hurting their re-eleaction efforts.

A vote in favor of concealed carry may be the only thing that keeps some of them in office.
EnjoyLife
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think by him saying that they aren't voting on it in the Senate, he was referring to that it is a House bill. It has to pass the House before it has a chance to be voted on in the Senate.
Getzapped
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So if a bill passes the house, the senate doesn't have to vote on it?? They can just kill the bill just like that? That seems unconstitutional!!!
BudMan5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No,, the Bill pending in the Senate never made it out of committee. The only pending Bill is the House Bill. EWhen it passes the House it will go to the Senate.

Cullerton has already stated that when it comes to the SSenate he will call it for a vote.

It will first start out in a Senate Committee to consider any changes the Senate may want. Then it will go through the three readings before being voted on.

If it does not get heard in the Senate in May, then the Bill is done and we will have to start all over again next year

That's why we need to demonstrate overwhelming citizen support for the current House Bill. If the citizens are standing up, getting involved, and demanding that it be passed, we will win because politicians do not like even the potential to lose an election.
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic