Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 44,888,592
  • Today: 2,215
Server InfoServer Info
  • Nov 01, 2014
  • 04:23 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frank
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After getting some bad service on more than one occasion at my local gun store I have decided to take my business elsewhere. Can anyone reccomend any good stores in Lake county IL.

Thanks

Frank
TylerH
Founders Club
Member<br /><b>Founders Club</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe that Icarry's president Joe Franzese owns 2nd Ammendment Arms in Lake Villa which, according to Wikipedia, is in Lake county.

Joe, are you around today?

Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL
<b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Lake County, IL</b>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in lake county as well. I'm not sure if you are willing to name the store, but the ones I know about are:

The Outdoorsmen - Winthrop Harbor - Nice people, willing to order stuff they dont carry, and have an ok selection.

1st Class firearms - Zion - Best place I've been. They helped me diagnose a problem and even took my gun in back and cleaned it a little and lubed it up.
He went above and beyond the call of duty. Good selection, clean, well kept store.

Smokin' Gun - Waukegan - pretty cool people, but they thought my gun needed to be shipped to Sig. Thats when I went to 1st Class and he fixed the problem right away. So, they werent very helpful. Didn't look too much, but from what I saw, they seemed to have a real good selection.

Of course then there is Bass Pro, which I don't really go to for advice or their selection. Some people are jerks, but others are cool.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
--Thomas Jefferson, Draft Virginia Co
RussCook
Founders Club

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would take my gun or guns to Joe in lake villa he has a gun smith there that could help you. that would be my choice. just my 2 cents. Very Happy
JoeFranzese
President
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL
President<br /><b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Lake County, IL</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Mike for naming every business in the county but mine. Frank, give me a call, 847-219-6102.
MichaelChappell
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Piatt County
<b>Founders Club</b><br />County Coordinator<br><b>Piatt County</b>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JoeFranzese wrote:
Thanks Mike for naming every business in the county but mine. Frank, give me a call, 847-219-6102 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              847-219-6102      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Anything he can do to help you, Joe!! laugher laugher laugher

Gun Owner
Voter
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
TylerH
Founders Club

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My guess is that Mike didn't mention you because I already did. I wouldn't take it personally.

Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yea that is why I didn't. That and I was trying to compare the shops with storefronts. The ones with people waiting to show customers a gun if they were interested. If you know what you want though, go directly to Joe. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Joe is extremely reliable, and gets everything done right away. Joe doesn't mess around when it comes to getting you a gun.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
MikeBasche
Founders Club
County Coordinator
Lake County, IL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I usually do is go to one of the stores I listed above to look at the guns. If it came down to making a purchase I will never buy from them, only Joe. I will give him my business any day. The only time I won't go to the other shops to look is when I can't look at certain firearms they don't have. The only reason I say this is because he works the barber shop most days and can't have a storefront.

Dorkweed
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, Lake County guys, go to Joe!!! I did!! Hopefully my gun will arrive on Monday!!
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic