Last SeenLast Seen
Server TrafficServer Traffic
  • Total: 62,225,563
  • Today: 5,561
Server InfoServer Info
  • Oct 19, 2017
  • 09:43 am CDT

ICarry.org: Forums

Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
r3VOLutionary

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Last week Thursday I was at Dick's in Appleton to check an item as well as find out what their policy is for open carry. I had my holster minus my gun. I went right to an associate in the gun department and asked if they allow open carry in their store. I told the associate I did not see a sign on the doors prohibiting the open carry of firearms into the store.

He said no, we don't allow open carry and all firearms must be checked at the counter. I asked him if he was understood that it is legal to open carry in WI. He said yes but we don't allow it in our store. Keep in mind I was sure this guy didn't really know corporate policy so I didn't get into a argument with him.

After I got home I called Dick's Customer Support and talked with Chris and explained the situation. He agreed with me 100% that if they don't have it posted you have a right to carry in the store. He also stated that if they post a sign on the door prohibiting the carry of open firearms in the store, it applies to officers as well. Correct! He was very supportive and recommended to contact corporate thru the contact us portion on their site. He assured me that they would get back to me.

Well, I just received an email back from Corporate on this matter. A prompt response since I emailed them on Saturday. Here is a copy of the email.

Hi Chad,

Thank you for contacting DICK'S Sporting Goods.

It is always our goal to ensure our customerís satisfaction by offering quality brand products, store services and the best customer care to all of our valued customers.

We regret to hear that your recent experience in our Appleton, WI store did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a knowledgeable, passionate sales staff. We understand your frustration with the information provided regarding open carry of firearms. We do not have a policy against this and do not restrict our customers from open carry. We are addressing this issue with the store to ensure the proper procedures are followed.

Your feedback provides us with the opportunity to review our customer's concerns so that any necessary improvements can be made for the future ensuring that our customers have a great experience when they enter our stores.

It is our hope that you will return to our store to experience the level of customer satisfaction that we know we are capable of delivering.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 1-866-677-4771 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

We truly appreciate your time and we value your patronage.

Thank you and best regards,

Tera
Customer Service Representative

gunguy2009
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Awesome! Good job...
Yurko
Gold
Member<br /><b>Gold</b>

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for taking the time to check with them.
And thanks for posting.

Hopefully in a few weeks, this won't be an issue as we'll be able to carry concealed

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic